Saturday 21 April 2012

OK, so I promised an update...

Well, the kids are all in bed now, and I've got about an hour before she gets in from work and I head out, so, here goes.




Done a bit on my Shaman stand for the Barbarians, I seem to have spent a fair bit of time on this one, possibly longer than I'd normally spend on a 28mm model.

I still have a bit of work to do on the hair/beard, possibly another highlight on the skin, and the teeth, claws and eyes on the Spirit Wolves, as well as looking at how they rise out of the base.




I don't know how good it is for my sanity, but jumping from basecoat and washing 28mm models, to doing 3-4 layers of highlights on 15mm stuff is a bit strange.  Still, I'm very happy with how he is looking so far, and I like the idea of the Spirit Wolves being conjured up out of pillars of snow.






I've basecoated all the skin on the Archers and Warriors, as well as the metalwork and shields.  I've also blocked in the fur on the Yetis/Snow Trolls.  With hindsight, Dunc was right about the difficulties of painting after having based the models, but the inherently messy drybrushing would have wrecked any paintwork anyway, as the following image shows.

Real men don't use shoe polish...

In other news, I've persuaded a gaming buddy to take the plunge into 15mm gaming, he's ordered his first army and hopefully we can turn our regular Wednesday night game night/hobby chat into something more productive, either lots of small scale painting, or some rules development.  Time will tell.  I'll badger him to start a blog too.

That's about it for now, time to grab a brew, head out to work and relish the thought that when I get home in the morning, she is back out to work and I have another 9 or so hours before I can head to bed...

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Good work chap.
    On the odd occasion I do jump up to 28mm it takes me a while to recalibrate; it's like painting an Action Man at first. Then going back to 15mm I have to remind myself I don't need to spend so much time on highlights.

    ReplyDelete