Sunday 15 April 2012

Big Update.

So, yeah, I have been pretty busy between work and the kids being off for Easter...

...but I've still managed to get a bit done.

Orders arrived in from Copplestone and Veni Vidi Vici so I have all the resin terrain pieces, some Archers and some handy 15mm scale Viking transfers and basing paste.  As well as a free tape measure.

Ok, so, on the painting front, I've finished 3 bases of Beastmen, one each of Additional Hand Weapons, Spears and Armoured with Great Weapons.  I didn't go with the snow style bases, as I wanted to have them rampaging through the undergrowth, and when I add the Chariot conversions, well, they will have wheels, not runners, so they wouldn't work too well in snow...


Pig Stickers
Pig Sick

Pig Headed


 I really like the various shades of blue, with each model being sprayed, inked, and then drybrushed 3 different shades.  I have some purple ones started as well, I'll mix these in to further bases, and I have some based up to act as high ranking Beastmen on the Command stands.


"They call me MR. PIG!"

 And I've done a conversion of one of the Beastmen with a Chariot Miniatures Wielder of Magic to make a Beastman Shaman.

Hogwart's School.  Class of '12.

Apologies.  I'm out of puns at the moment.


Nothing too complex for starters, just a headswap and a little putty work to cover up the saw marks.

I think I'll follow the general build of my Cave Imp army for these guys, but as there are no missile troops, it'll be -

  • General
  • Shaman
  • 2 x Additional Hand Weapon (rather than Clubbers)
  • 2 x Spears
  • 2 x Armoured Beastmen (rather than Slingers)
  • 2 x Monstrous Beastmen Berserkers (rather than Cave Lizards)
I still need to pick up the  Beastmen Berserkers, although I have started painting up the Champion from the Beastmen heroes pack.


He'll either get mixed in with one of the bases, or I'll base him up on a 50x50 base with a few smaller Beastmen around him, and use him as a unit filler model that counts as two stands.

I also grabbed one of the Flames of War small barns from Warbases to paint up as a test piece, rather than tiling the roof, I used some fake fur to give it a thatched look, as it ties in better for Fantasy/Dark Age style games.  The wood panelling was hand painted (whilst tipsy), because I figured the lines didn't need to be too straight...

A house, a house, my kingdom for a house.

Infantry for scale.

So, yeah, that's about it for the update.  I did get my PSC Panthers in, and have built one of them up, absolutely cracking kits.  I also might have to get some more after reading this...

Finally, I ordered the Wolven from Rebel minis, as well as a few other bits and bobs, I'll list them when they arrive.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely paint job, there. I keep telling myself to stick with Sci Fi and then you have to come along and make me wonder if a small fantasy force is such a bad idea. Great job. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. See, I was just going to stick with Fantasy, but then FoW took over locally, so I got into historicals, although I always swore off them due to prescribed uniforms, and then that Spacejacker fellow was posting really nice Sci-Fi stuff, and I figured what's the harm in getting some of that too... Anyway, your PSC conversions to Sci-Fi are going to end up costing me more money, so I figured I'd return the favour. ;-)

      Yeah.

      Been doing a bit work on the Barbarians recently, so there should be a wee update for them at some point later today.

      Delete
  2. Demonworld Beastmen, always liked these. Mine are still unpainted but there comes a day. It's good to see someone put actual time and effort in more individual 15mm stuff.

    Cheers,

    Nico :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. Just trying to clear my workload a bit before I crack on with the rest of the army.

      Delete